Wodonga Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Wodonga Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing wodonga.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Wodonga for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Wodonga?
Wodonga Galleries and Museums
Galleries, Museums, and Historical Venues in and around Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
Wodonga is a vibrant city situated on the banks of the Murray River in Victoria, Australia. As a cultural epicentre, Wodonga is home to numerous galleries, museums, and historical venues. These places offer an incredible insight into the city's rich history and showcase some of Australia's finest art and cultural treasures. Here are some of the top galleries, museums, and historical venues you should visit while in Wodonga.
1. Arts Space Wodonga - Arts Space Wodonga is the premier gallery in Wodonga, exhibiting contemporary, modern, and traditional art in various media. The gallery fosters emerging artists and promotes the arts through curated exhibitions, workshops, and events. Address: 160 Lawrence Street, Wodonga
2. The Cube Wodonga - The Cube Wodonga presents a collection of art exhibits including paintings, sculptures, and photography from local, national and international artists. The gallery also hosts artist talks and workshops for the art enthusiasts among us. Address: Hovell St, Wodonga.
3. The Artisan Gallery - The Artisan Gallery features a wide range of contemporary and traditional arts and crafts, made by local artists. It is the place to find unique, handcrafted gifts that you won’t find anywhere else. Address: High Street, Yackandandah.
1. Army Museum Bandiana - Army Museum Bandiana is a must-visit military museum that displays over 160 years of Australian military history. With a collection of over 160 vehicles, aircraft, and artillery, it is the largest military museum in Australia. Address: Anderson Road Bandiana.
2. Beechworth Historic and Cultural Precinct - The Beechworth Historic and Cultural Precinct is an open-air museum set in a heritage precinct. Discover the rich history of the region including gold rush times, visit the old Beechworth Gaol, enjoy the stories of Ned Kelly or walk through the precinct surrounding the town hall. Address: Ford St, Beechworth Victoria.
3. National Museum of Australian Pottery - The National Museum of Australian Pottery owns one of the largest collections of pottery in the country. With over 10,000 pieces on display, the museum tells the story of Australian pottery, showcasing everything from early colonial pieces to contemporary designs. Address: 1 Laurie Lane, Wodonga.
1. Bonegilla Migrant Experience - Bonegilla Migrant Experience is dedicated to the stories of the post-World War II migrants who came to Australia to start a new life. The venue recreates the migrant camp experience, showcasing the quarters, daily life, customs and traditions of the migrants. Address: Bonegilla Rd, Bonegilla.
2. Carlyle House Historic Park - Carlyle House Historic Park offers a unique insight into the lifestyle of the wealthy landowners of the 19th century. The mansion was built-in 1850 and is a significant example of Georgian architecture in Australia. The Furnishings and decor have also been restored back to original design. Address: Queen St, Rutherglen, Victoria.
3. Bogong Power Station - The Bogong Power Station was the first to be built by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria in 1935 and played a crucial part in the development of the hydroelectric industry in Victoria. It is now a museum showcasing the technology and advanced engineering of the power stations from that era. Address: Bogong village.
Wodonga has a wealth of cultural experiences to offer visitors with its galleries, museums, and historical venues. Each place offers something unique and is an opportunity to learn and discover the history and culture of Victoria in Australia. A visit to just one, could turn into a day-long exploration of art, learning, and history.
Wodonga Galleries and Museums Articles